You can't always see that the ZERO is charging. It has 2 modes when not in active use:
- Completely powered off (press the power button for 5-10 sec).
→ If you charge your ZERO like this, you’ll see no indication that it is charging. This is normal. Unlike a smartphone the ZERO is actually 100% powered off. When you turn it on again after some time, you should see it has charged.
→ To turn off your ZERO, press the power button for 5-10 seconds.
- Standby mode, which disables the screen only.
→ If you charge your ZERO like this, you’ll see the red LED light slowly blinking. But it will take considerably longer to charge because the device still uses the battery.
→ To activate standby mode, tap the power button of your ZERO once. Standby mode will also be activated automatically after a certain time of inactivity, which can be adjusted in the settings menu via Settings >> System preferences >> Screen lock (1, 5 or 15 minutes).
You can also just charge your ZERO while it is turned on. In that case you’ll see a charging icon in the battery indicator.
If you think your ZERO is not charging, you can try these things:
- Verify that there is no issue with the power source or charging cable. Try using a wall charger if you haven't already tried that. It is possible some USB-ports or hubs don’t provide enough power.
- Leave the device charging for 2-3 hours on a wall charger while it is completely powered off. Then check if the battery indicator has changed when you turn it back on.
- Check if you see the ZERO charging when it is turned on (in the battery indicator) or when it is in standby (blinking red LED).
Reach out to email@example.com if you keep having issues.